Mindplace Thoughtstream GSR with Mental Games
MindPlace Thoughtstream Biofeedback System with Mental Games Software
Biofeedback has long been accepted as one of the most effective tools available for the control of stress and for personal growth. The Mindplace ThoughtStream Personal GSR Biofeedback system with Mental Games available through Mindmachines.com is as accurate as many clinical models, yet affordable and extremely easy to use.
Simple and effective, the Mindplace ThoughtStream personal biofeedback system teaches you how to control your responses to stress. In Mindmachines.com’s package the Mindplace ThoughtStream is bundled with Mental Games Peak Performance Interactive Multimedia Software. The Manual for the Mental Games is on the disk.
The Mindplace ThoughtStream works as a ‘stand alone’ system, but when you add the dynamic training modules of Mental Games Peak Performance Psycho interactive software you open up a new dimension in biofeedback training. With this Windows software (not yet available for Mac) the ThoughtStream ‘senses’ how focused or relaxed you are and this controls the software. Objects on the pc screen are controlled by you, through the ThoughtStream interface, and the software will respond to the games in accordance with your internal state. You will learn different strategies of interaction – your own strategies – preserving and developing your valuable inner resources. This package ships with Mental Game Levels 1 (Progressive Biofeedback Training) and 2 (“Sensomotoric”, or mind/body integration). The Mindplace Thoughtstream System available through Mindmachines.com includes: Mental Games CD, control console, headphones, USB cable, manual, carry case and warranty card. Requires 3xAA alkaline cells, not included. The Mindplace ThoughtStream with Mental Games Peak Performance Interactive Multimedia Software is intended for use as a tool for achieving altered states of consciousness, human enhancement, promoting relaxation, meditation and mindfulness and increasing mastery of beta, alpha, theta and delta internal states. This system is not intended for use as medical diagnostic or therapeutic devices, and no medical claims of any sort are made for them, either singly or in combination.
- Mindplace is the leading manufacturer of Biofeedback devices since 1988
- Learn to control psychological stress and overcome anxiety
- Improve focus and concentration
- Optimize your peak performance skills and event-related potential
- Learn meditation more deeply
- Synchronize mind/body awareness
- Reduce or eliminate anxiety before exams, meetings or public speaking
- Stay calm in difficult/stressful situations
- Tune your ability to pay close attention to selected tasks
- Quickly shift from relaxed to highly focused states of mind/body integration and back again
- Achieve sustained states of Zen-like mental clarity
- Unique four-color visual display shows you exactly how you are doing
- MENTAL GAMES LEVELS I and II multimedia software for Windows on CD-ROM
- Not yet Mac compatible, but we’re working on it!
- PC interface option
- Exceptionally smooth sound feedback
- Eight sensitivity levels for beginning to advanced training
- Can interface with and control the Proteus light and sound mind machine (also referred to as brain machine, dream machine or psychowalkman).
About Mental Games
The Mindplace Mental Games multimedia software analyzes tiny changes in your skin resistance values (GSR) sent by your ThoughtStream USB biofeedback system to your personal computer.
Training modules of Mental Games analyze and respond to how much you are focused or relaxed and will change their response according to your mental state.
Using this combination of multimedia technology and biofeedback, you enter a new dimension of personal training. Playing Mental Games will help you to change your habits regarding learning, concentration and relaxation. You may soon notice that you are more relaxed in your everyday life, being more present and focused without “burning out.” You will learn different strategies of interaction – your own strategies – preserving and developing your valuable inner resources.
There are two levels of training in Mental Games. Level 1, “Psychophysiological” and Level 2, “Sensomotoric”.
Begin with Level 1 / Stage A. Personalize your experience by selecting your background scenes and sounds. Start with a sensitivity of 7. Your goal is to relax your body and concentrate your attention.
- “Learn” to move objects in the game with your mind
- Achieve sustained states of mental clarity and concentration
- Stay calm in difficult or stressful situations – transform your response to stress.
- “Fine tune” your ability to pay close attention
- Measure your progress over time.
- Learn to quickly shift from relaxed to highly focused states of mind/body integration and back again